Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MaGMML3 FOSS Godot Engine 3.0 Released
Even though Game Maker is no longer free to use, I have some good news. The open source engine Godot recently released 3.0, which now includes visual scripting!
https://godotengine.org/
It can also export to Windows, Mac, and Linux without any license fees.
I can code in C++?
I'm on board.
Yeah uh, sorry. We are not switching engines and recoding everything again.
I'd be willing to help?
(02-08-2018, 01:53 PM)SnoruntPyro Wrote: Yeah uh, sorry. We are not switching engines and recoding everything again.

I know it sounds bad, but with Game Maker it is non-free, so it will probably lead to almost no new users joining the contest because Game Maker cannot be gotten for free anymore unless you already got it.
(02-09-2018, 05:44 AM)P-Tux7 Wrote: I know it sounds bad, but with Game Maker it is non-free, so it will probably lead to almost no new users joining the contest because Game Maker cannot be gotten for free anymore unless you already got it.

Not entirely true, actually. It's still quite possible to obtain Game Maker Studio 1 (the version used for MaGMML3 from the sounds of things, as opposed to Game Maker Studio 2) for free through Steam. It's a bit complex to explain exactly how, but there are guides out there if I recall correctly.
Non-hater of Mega Man X7, developer of some rather obscure indee videya gamez, and creator of Mega Man Maker meme/joke levels, as well as the creator of a few non-meme/non-joke Mega Man Maker levels.