Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
SnoruntPyro appreciation post
Ok, so I'm not usually the person that does this sort of thing, but two things in particular make me feel obliged to put this here:

1) Ace got a thread on Sprites Inc. that admired his work on the game (completely deserved btw), but I didn't see one made for Pyro. In fact, I haven't really seen ANYONE single out Pyro for her amazing work on this game.
2) Some recent comments in a certain thread on Sprites Inc. have, to put it bluntly, really pissed me off, and I'm putting this here as a hopeful pick-me-up to Pyro. As I'm typing this, it seems like the drama is only going to get worse, unfortunately. I've also seen some people in random YouTube videos having rather antagonistic opinions on her. Anyways, on to the important part.

Pyro, you're awesome. You really, really are. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. You're a great level designer, and an even better boss designer. Your work on this game cannot be understated. From the lengthy judging process, to the huge amount of postgame content, to directing the entire game as a whole, it's clear that you absolutely worked your ass off making this game. And, personally, I think it turned out great. MaGMML 2 is an amazing achievement, and you should be very proud of yourself! I can't even imagine how stressful it must have been at times. The fact that yourself, as well as the rest of the crew, have updated the game many a time since launch has probably only stockpiled the stress, but it also shows that you care deeply about the reception of the game.

On the subject of your level design, you're creativity is your strong suit, and it's what makes me love your levels so much. From your Null and Void levels, to your contributions to the Pit of Pits, to well...the entirety of Square Root of -1, it's clear that you're gifted with a very creative and wacky mind. I also liked your Wily Star II level. The autoscroll at the end is mega-stressful to me, but it's still pretty fair, and the boss was pretty much what I would expect from you.  Tongue

Speaking of bosses, I think this is where you shine the most. I feel as if your mindset for a lot of them is "how absurd can I make this, while still keeping it fair and doable?" Because, yeah, whether it's in concept, or the battle itself is just insanely fast-paced, it's clear you have a ton of fun when creating your boss battles, and they are equally as fun to play.

So yeah, that's all that needs to be said, and that was just off the top of my head. I'm sure there's more stuff I could say, but I hope this gets the point across. Don't let these people bring you down, you are very gifted in the art of game-making. When MaGMML3 rolls around, despite you no longer being the host, I'm sure you will find a way to make the game more enjoyable.  Big Grin
Idk what else to say other than thank you,,,,, but I wanted to acknowledge this still. IM SORRY ;;;;;
Don't fret. It's not a big deal. Some of us aren't good with words. It happens. I'm just glad you acknowledged it!

And in retrospect I'm super glad I typed this up, because the drama over at the Inc. is getting even worse. Somehow.
(12-03-2017, 06:44 PM)Mr. G-Force Wrote: 2) Some recent comments in a certain thread on Sprites Inc. have, to put it bluntly, really pissed me off, and I'm putting this here as a hopeful pick-me-up to Pyro. As I'm typing this, it seems like the drama is only going to get worse, unfortunately. I've also seen some people in random YouTube videos having rather antagonistic opinions on her.

Sorry to be that guy but are there any specific videos bashing her which you could post links to? Not doubting you and the thread is thoughtful, I'm just a little curious to see what they have against her in particular (perhaps the incident with Threxx from several months back?)