A Mega Man for All Seasons
| 45th : A Mega Man For All Seasons|
|“One of the greatest problems of our time is that many are schooled but few are educated.”|
- "Sir More, I presume. Hast ye any last words?"
- ―Executioner, the boss of the level.
A Mega Man For All Seasons is the 45th place level in Make a Good Mega Man Level 2. The level is based on the 1966 film A Man for All Seasons, which depicts the final years of 16th century Lord Chancellor of England, Sir Thomas More. The passage of time is a central theme of the level, with Mega Man traversing through the Tower of London four separate times, each time set in a different season during the year leading up to More's death.
I'll beam you out after I finish my soap opera.
This article is missing information on strategies. Please help out the wiki by adding these strategies to it!
"If *I* can beat it, you can too!" - Z-Saber
All of this level's Noble Nickels are in the lower areas that have Sir Thomas More's cell in them.
|snoruntpyro : 26 / 50|
|JupiHornet : 19 / 50|
|Enjl : 39 / 50|
|Garirry : 30 / 50|
|ACESpark : 27 / 50|
Neat idea aside, this stage does have some glaring issues: There is a complete lack of challenge, outside of maybe the Squiddon mid-boss, and far, far, far too many power ups around the place make an already easy stage even easier! By far the most noticeable problem is... I am not sure what is going on with the graphics here. For every well chosen tile there is two really weird choices, and the level almost feels like you're playing a glitched stage. I get the general look of the stage and what each bit is supposed to mean, but it looks so bizarre, and does not help the stage at all.
I also feel really sorry for Komuso Man right now. I'm not sure why he was stripped of his hit invincibility here. There is also a potential soft lock in this fight, if Komuso isn't killed in time, he'll run out of the arena, and leave Mega Man stranded. Whoops, you, er, kind of needed a wall in this battle. This was certainly an interesting level, I'd be interested to see what other weird ideas you could come up with next!
- This level was Z-Saber's first ever attempt at level design. She is especially proud of the Dr. Light/More animation.
- The movie-based pun of the title came first, and then she built the level around that pun.
- Z-Saber is a huge fan of edutainment, and hopes players learn a bit of history while playing by reading the sign at the start of each season, and by interacting with More.
- All but the last line of More's dialogue is lifted directly from his secular socio-political satire, "Utopia." These quotes were specifically selected due to their continued relevance to modern day governance. More's parting line is a tongue-in-cheek reference to what was once erroneously credited as his irl final witticism.
- A Mega Man for All Seasons was mentioned by name in a Rock Paper Shotgun review of MaGMML2, which mischaracterized the level as a statement about religion and capital punishment.
- Z-Saber took an artistic, collage approach to tiling the level by combining multiple sets to get the overall look she wanted, layering and piecing partial tiles for details, and viewing assets as what they have the potential to be rather than what they have been used for in the past. While some players have complimented elements of this design choice, such as the guillotine in the boss area, her aesthetic has also been dismissed as "glitchy" by tile set purists.
- Z-Saber personally remixed different versions of the level song for each season in order to better evoke the atmosphere of each time of year, thus winter is slow and plodding, while summer is upbeat and bright.
- The enemies used for the level were chosen because they tangentially relate to the season they appear in: fall has Halloween-esque assailants, winter has cold-dwelling fauna, spring brings umbrellas and spring chickens, and summer is all about the beach.
- Z-Saber has stated that the Komuso Man lacks invincibility frames to make him easier. As someone who is notoriously bad at platformers, she wanted to make a level even she could beat.
- A Mega Man for All Seasons was the last level to be submitted to MaGMML2, having been sent in on the last possible day for submissions, getting a maximum score average penalty of -20. The highest average this level could have scored would have been a 30, but it ended up getting a 28.2 average.
|Make a Good Mega Man Level 2 - Tier 5|
|Holy Crap, Mega Man Can Airslide? • Maze of Significantly Less Death • Volcanic Furnace • Elec Dam • Quint Stage • A Mega Man for All Seasons • AD 2101 • Starman Recreation|
|List of Bosses|
|Romhack Top Man • Metal Man • Top Man • Quint • Komuso Man • CATS|