From Make a Good Mega Man Level Contest
Autobounce is a boss in Make a Good Mega Man Level 2. It appears at the end of the fourth Wily Star II stage, Inner Sanctum.
Autobounce, fittingly enough, spends the fight bouncing around the room. It is only vulnerable to one special weapon at a time, denoted by its current appearance and color scheme (which changes after the player lands a hit on it). It always starts vulnerable to Wheel Cutter, but after that it changes its appearance at random. Autobounce telegraphs all of its attacks by flashing white and playing a sound effect; its attacks come out faster as it loses more health. Its attacks are as follows:
- Hornet Chaser: Shoots a trail of explosions that homes in on the player.
- Jewel Satellite: Shoots a Gemini Laser projectile at the nearest wall.
- Grab Buster: Shoots three Grab Buster shots in a line. These shots heal Autobounce for 2 HP if they connect.
- Triple Blade: Fires two blades into the air that then fall to the ground.
- Slash Claw: Releases a burst of energy surrounding it. In this form, Autobounce speeds up over time until it is hit.
- Wheel Cutter: Shoots two Metal Blade projectiles.
- Sakugarne: Releases two rocks from its head that break apart into two smaller rocks upon hitting the ground.
- Super Arrow: Shoots a buster shot that spreads into a wide arc upon hitting a wall, similar to Centaur Man's attack.
|Other Notes||Alter weapons are disabled against Autobounce, and it is only vulnerable to one weapon at a time.|
- Autobounce originally had 56 HP instead of 28 HP, but weapons did 4 damage to it instead of 2.
- Autobounce's Grab Buster attack was nerfed in Version 1.3.0. Before this version, it fired an additional shot, and healed for 4 HP instead of 2.
- Because Autobounce is immune to the Mega Buster at all times, it is one of two bosses (alongside Wily Machine SWORD) in the True Arena where using special weapons is allowed for the "Masochist" challenge.
- During very early development, Autobounce used basic blank placeholder graphics that had no visual difference in the forms aside from the colors changing, making it hard to tell the form it's currently in. Its graphics were later created by ACESpark, and designed to eradicate this issue.
- The boss also lacked attacks, and these were added late in development by SnoruntPyro.
|Make a Good Mega Man Level 2 - Wily Star|
|Outer Space • Water Ducts • Classic Castle • Lever Oriental Enchanted • Inner Sanctum • Unobtainium Mine • Reality Core|
|List of Bosses|
|Vanguard • Mecha Bubble Man • Btd'nhan • Riplings • Gravity Man • Autobounce • Super Dachone • Seven Force • Holo Dragon • Chimerabot 1 • Chimerabot 2 • Chimerabot 3 • Chimerabot 4 • Chimerabot 5 • Wily Machine SWORD • megaman sprite game|