- "An infamous enemy from MM9 that will stay invisible, then pop up and drop down when approached. If it grabs Mega Man, it will carry him very quickly until it feels like stopping or Mega Man hits a wall."
- ―Note in Bunby Catcher's code, Megamix Engine
Bunby Catcher hides off the top of the screen until Mega Man draws close. Once he does so, it quickly flies straight downwards in a bid to latch onto him. If it manages to do this, it will fly in the direction it's facing while pulling Mega Man along with it. After reaching a certain destination, the Bunby Catcher will let go of Mega Man and fly away; outside of destroying it, waiting is the only way for Mega Man to break free. Bunby Catchers have no means of damaging Mega Man directly, but can pull him over to hazards like pits or spikes.
Bunby Catchers have thre creation code variables:
- col - Determines the colour of a Bunby Catcher (0 = orange (default), 1 = pink).
- stopX - The x coordinate that a Bunby Catcher carries Mega Man towards; if not set, it will let go of him once he hits a wall.
- catcherSpeed - Determines how quickly a Bunby Catcher moves when carrying Mega Man.