|Artwork by Capcom|
Duo is an extraterrestrial robot who first appeared in Mega Man 8. He is a "space police" robot with a strong sense of justice and a sworn duty to preserve peace in the universe. A key part of his mission is locating and destroying the mysterious Evil Energy wherever it appears.
Duo appears in Make a Good Mega Man Level: Episode Zero as a main character, appearing near the end of Chapter 2 in S.R.A.R.A. HQ as a boss. Afterwards, he plays a major supporting role throughout Chapter 3, particularly in Null and Void.
MaGMML Series Appearances
Make a Good Mega Man Level: Episode Zero
Duo is first seen in the form of a blue meteor that impacts the island SRARA's hideout is situated on, alerting both Agent Krantz and Zero to its location. As Zero reaches the deepest part of the base, he runs into Duo purifying an Energy Element corrupted by Evil Energy, before the latter detects his status as one of Dr. Wily's robots and attacks him. After a short battle, Duo is convinced of Zero's morality despite his origins, and explains he detected a surge of Evil Energy on Earth following SRARA's escape into Tier X. After elaborating on the nature and properties of Energy Elements, he uses Zero's Elements to open a portal to Tier X, allowing the two to chase after them. After a confrontation with SRARA in Tier X, Duo provides Zero with co-ordinates to a number of Energy Elements within Tier X, before the two decide to split up and gather as many as they can before SRARA does.
Some time later, at Null and Void, Duo stays behind to contain the numerous Energy Elements converging there while Zero pursues SRARA. During the final battle with SRARA, he flies by after each member's defeat with a large health pickup for Zero. Shortly after Zero defeats Unununium, he witnesses the resurrection of his old enemy, Trio, and works together with Zero to defeat him once again. During the fight, he attacks Trio with star-shaped projectiles, forms a shield to protect himself and Zero from Trio's screen-wide spread of projectiles, and charges up an attack to break through Trio's shield once the latter is backed into a corner. During the fight, Trio is capable of damaging Duo, and though he is unable to be destroyed, he will be rendered immobile for several seconds if he takes enough damage.
After Trio is destroyed once again, Duo is prepared to take the Energy Elements away to fully cleanse them of the energy corrupting them, but is persuaded by Zero to temporarily leave them in his care so that he can battle Mega Man one more time. During the credits, he is seen encountering Silver the Hedgehog in the depths of space, to help him with what is implied to be a Genesis Portal/Wargate.
Duo uses a number of attacks in a specific order.
- Rising into the air, transforming into his meteor form, and flying around the room while bouncing off of walls. While transformed, he is completely invincible. After a couple of seconds, he slows down and stops before aiming directly at Zero for one more impact attempt before transforming back into his normal state. This attack is never repeated.
- Raising his fist and charging towards Zero. Once Duo reaches Zero's x-position, he slams his fist down and creates two shockwaves on either side of himself, as well as two arcing projectiles that create another set of shockwaves once landing on the ground. The arcing projectiles disappear harmlessly if they hit a wall.
- Charging to the wall of the side of the room he is closest to and firing four stars into the sky. Four volleys of stars fall from the sky soon after, with small gaps between each star. Their formations alternate with every other volley; the second and fourth volleys have a blindspot in the center of the room and against the walls.
- Firing a star at the center of the room, creating a star-shaped turret that fires eight smaller stars directly at Zero while Duo flies in the air, somewhat tracking Zero's movement. He then dives downward and punches the ground, removing the turret.
- Repeating the shockwave punch attack once more.
- Forming a shield of ten stars around himself while jumping after Zero. Every second, a star breaks off from the shield and slowly flies at Zero until the shield has disappeared. The stars can be destroyed by attacks with armor-piercing properties, such as the Z-Saber (even without the Shot Eraser upgrade). If all of the stars are destroyed prematurely, Duo will still jump after Zero the amount of times he normally would before moving to his next attack.
- Assuming his meteor form once again and bouncing across the room, leaving stationary bullets in the air as he moves. Once he slows down and stops, these bullets drop to the ground, forcing Zero to find space between them. From here, Duo repeats his pattern, starting with the first shockwave punch.
|Other Notes||*Can destroy the stars that compose the star shield attack.|
- Duo's sprites in Episode Zero are taken from the currently (as of April 2023) in-development fangame Mega Man Revolution Remix.
- Although Duo doesn't make a physical appearance in Make a Good Mega Man Level 2, a statue of him is present in Tier 10. Like in Episode Zero, the sprite used comes from Mega Man Revolution Remix.
- The star shield Duo uses in his battle uses the same graphics as Wishing Star's shield.
|Make a Good Mega Man Level: Episode Zero - Chapter 2 Other|
|Construction of Constructions • Mojo Dojo • S.R.A.R.A. HQ|
|List of Bosses|
|Hyper Picketman • SRARA Joe • Yamato Man • SRARA Shield Attacker • Duo|