- ―Mick Galbani, The longest Judge Review Mick has even written.
Objective: Vain Space is the 20th place entry in Make a Good Mega Man Level. It's a parody of the Make a Good Level X stage "Mission: Proud Sky".
Both are equally pointless wastes of time and resources. Still, free Energy Element!
Don't press anything. In fact, pressing anything is liable to get you killed. Just sit back and enjoy the ride!
Make a Good Mega Man Level 2
Turns out this wall is not so solid after all...
An Easter Egg version of this level can also be found in Tier 1 of the second game. Astro Man appears as an NPC here, and trying to fall down the pit will serve no purpose, as the fall never ends. Eventually, the Endless Staircase music from Super Mario 64 will fade in to tip the player off that there is nothing in the room.
- As the walls of the stage are made of Gemini Laser Destroyable Blocks, they can be broken with the Gemini Laser. Notably, despite Destroyable Blocks receiving new sprites in Make a Good Mega Man Level Remastered, the ones in Objective: Vain Space (and its corresponding section in Flashback Database) retain their original design.
- If you reach the bottom of the screen too far away from the middle, you will die.
- Furthermore, at the end of the fall, you can walk off-screen. Doing so, however, softlocks the game.
- This is one of two levels to be flat-out unrated by one of the judges, the other being Bouncy Castle.
- The Quickening and Objective: Vain Space are currently the only entries in MaGMML history to not have any music whatsoever.
- A modified version of the stage is part of the second game's The Pit of Pits, called "Mission: Vain Space?"