|Artwork by Spin Attaxx|
The Simulation Recon and Regulation Administration (commonly shortened as SRARA) are a quartet of robots who appear as the main villains of Make a Good Mega Man Level: Episode Zero. Supposedly a team of simulation inspectors, they are really a group of insane nuisances who harass festival staff while stealing important festival stock and research - in particular, Energy Elements - for their own mysterious ends. The group consists of four versions of recurring enemy types in the classic Mega Man series; a Sniper Joe, an Up'n'Down, a Shield Attacker, and their leader, a Met.
Make a Good Mega Man Level: Episode Zero
SRARA is first encountered in Chapter 1 of the game, interrogating Dr. Hyde in Mega City over her memory simulation. Zero fights and chases off SRARA Up n' Down, and learns from Dr. Hyde that they stole four chips used for her drive system. He runs into them again in the same chapter after completing Subterranean Stronghold, where he finds SRARA Up n' Down and SRARA Shield Attacker looking for Energy Elements. By the start of Chapter 2, Zero is tasked by Agents Krantz and Stern to covertly apprehend SRARA, and both SRARA Joe and SRARA Shield Attacker confront him at differing points in the chapter.
After Zero is abruptly cast aside by Dr. Wily, he is alerted to SRARA's island hideout after Duo crash-lands into it. However, SRARA is nowhere to be found, with Duo theorising that they used their stockpile of stolen Energy Elements to flee into the void between worlds. The pair follow after them, and learn from SRARA Met that they plan to gather even more Energy Elements and combine their power with Tier X to shape reality to their whims. Eventually, the race to gather as many Elements as possible causes a giant castle to form, with SRARA making their way inside while Zero chases them down.
At the top of the castle, SRARA stalls for time by fighting Zero one last time, with every member attacking him in a random order, one after another, while using extra attacks and faster movement, but they are still unable to defeat him. However, their actions inadvertently corrupted the gathered Energy Elements, which knock all four members offline before creating Unununium. Once Trio is revived after Unununium's defeat, he blasts away the floor the inactive SRARA members lie on, sending them falling down. After Trio's second destruction, the four regain consciousness somewhere in Tier X, but without any Energy Elements (to SRARA Met's anger).
Though their backstory is never discussed in Episode Zero's plot, their CD entry and areas in S.R.A.R.A. HQ go deeper into it; they were originally genuine inspection robots, but became criminals shortly after an illegal experiment related to simulations took place. Additionally, a recall notice in their hideout hints that the four possess the same defective IC chip program that Justice Man used, and that their mental instabilities are caused by said program degrading their cognitive circuits.
- SRARA are the first (and so far only) primary villains of a MaGMML game who aren't Dr. Wily, nor affiliated with him.
- As a set of "uplifted" minor enemies, the individual members of SRARA are consistently referred to by gender-neutral pronouns.
- Coincidentally, three of the four SRARA members (Met, Joe, and Shield Attacker) are part of what SnoruntPyro has dubbed the "Terrible Trio", referring to recurring shielded enemies that are often overused by level designers. She has since clarified that the three SRARA members aren't a reference to this idea, and that they were in place before the term was coined. They were, however, intentionally chosen to be references to generally overused recurring Mega Man enemies (with SRARA Up n' Down representing interchangeable pit-dwelling enemies).
- With the exception of Sizzling Threat, every difficulty option in The Ultimate Choice has at least one SRARA member as a boss.
- If SRARA Met is the first SRARA member to be faced in Null and Void, an extra bit of dialogue will appear.
|Make a Good Mega Man Level: Episode Zero - Chapter 3|
|Entrance to Tier X • Ghouls n' Ghasts • Toxic Tunnels • Looping Growth Garden • Rainbow Ravine • Shift Posting • Psionic Space Station • Ice Breaker • Code Landfill • Lily Airpad • Null and Void|
|List of Bosses|
|SRARA Met • Chesder • Chesder's Revenge • Red Arremer Man • Amoeba Droid • Psionic Man • Giga Count 2.0 • Cloud Devil 2.0 • Toad Man|
|Null and Void Bosses|
|Alter Archive • Big Chungus • Dust Man • Elec Man • Elec Spine • Hatter Joe • Illumina Alpha • Magmatron • Mega Man 2 NETA • Pepsi Man's Revenge • Pico Shuffle • Quick Man • Trailing Zero|
|SRARA • Unununium • Trio|