|Modified Capcom artwork|
The Shadow Morpher is a fortress boss in Make a Good Mega Man Level. It transforms into various enemies, and is completely immune to all of Mega Man's weapons. However, it takes damage each time it transforms.
The Shadow Morpher is absent in Make a Good Mega Man Level Remastered, as Shadow Gacha replaces it as Be the Bigger Person's boss in both New and Old Style versions. However, it creates invincible black-coloured enemies much like the Shadow Morpher's transformations.
The Shadow Morpher turns into random enemies from throughout the series. Each time it transforms, it loses exactly one point of health; because it is otherwise completely invincible, the only way to defeat it is to survive long enough for it to drain its own health.
The robots the Shadow Morpher can turn into are:
- Blader, which fires a shot, and occasionally hops upward.
- Bomb Thrown, which lobs a single bomb at Mega Man.
- Crazy Cannon, which fires a spread shot.
- Croaker, which spits frogs at Mega Man.
- Haehaey, which shoots upward rather than downward.
- Jet Buton, which flies into Mega Man.
- New Shotman, which shoots two shots on the x-axis.
- Sniper Joe, which hops forward.
- The Shadow Morpher initially appears as a Metall DX, but doesn't change into one (or indeed any kind of Metall) for the entire battle.