The Impaler is a boss from Make a Good Mega Man Level Remastered. It is a floating one-eyed robot with a giant screw on the bottom of its body.
The Impaler will start by randomly selecting from the following set of attacks:
- Hover over Mega Man, extending its screw to the ground three times, creating shockwaves on both sides each time it lands (identical in appearance to those used by Commando Man).
- Float to the side of the screen and extend a projectile dispenser, dropping a group of large projectiles down followed by a group of small projectiles that go upward and float down. The Impaler then repeats this twice in different areas (where it can also use a projectile dispenser on the other side of its body)
- Hover back and forth, dropping large projectiles from its extended projectile dispensers, and less frequently firing groups of small projectiles upwards.
- Head to the center of the screen, drop its screw (creating another pair of shockwaves), and create a vacuum that sucks Mega Man towards the screw, while firing small projectiles in an arc.
- Release a laser that goes from one end of the room to the other while attached to The Impaler, but only deals damage when glowing. After this, The Impaler restarts its pattern.
After its first health bar has been depleted, The Impaler will drop through the floor, breaking it and revealing a second screen of the room, with lava at the bottom. Its possible attacks now change to the following:
- Hover over Mega Man, extending its screw to the ground three times, creating shockwaves on both sides each time it lands. Unless the screw lands on the edge of the room, it will break through part of the room's ground.
- Slam into the edges of the room twice. Each impact with the wall creates three projectiles that drop down in arcs.
If The Impaler breaks through enough ground to hit the lava, it will stop as its health slowly depletes (able to deplete further from being hit by Mega Man during this), eventually being defeated. Making the Impaler touch the lava is not required for it to be defeated.
- In the initial version of MaGMML1R, The Impaler used the default Pharaoh Shot damage values, meaning it took 1 point of damage from an uncharged shot and 20 points from a charged shot. This was fixed in version 1.1.
- The Impaler was created by The Stove Guy as a concept for what a boss of his own entry to the contest, Spiky Meltdown, would be like. Fittingly, its arena uses recolored tiles from Spiky Meltdown.
- The Impaler is the only non-entry boss in MaGMML1R to have damage values ending in decimals (namely, the damage it takes from Solar Blaze, Magic Card, and Power Orb).