Make a Good Mega Man Level (Remastered)
Being a midboss, the Moon follows an incredibly simple pattern. It will float back and forth, and whenever it reaches the right side of the room, it will close its eyes to make itself invulnerable to damage, and then shoot 4 fireballs at Mega Man before opening its eyes again and resuming its pattern of floating. The Moon has its own gravitational pull, significantly changing how Mega Man should attack it.
The Moon has no invincibility frames, meaning that while attacks like the Gemini Laser deal more damage per projectile, weapons such as the Black Hole Bomb will defeat it faster. In Make a Good Mega Man Level Remastered, the Black Hole Bomb hits the Moon less often and is affected by its gravity, making the Solar Blaze a more preferable weapon of choice.
Make a Good Mega Man Level 2
The Moon has been upgraded from a midboss to a full-on boss. This means that it now has invincibility frames, and its pattern has been upgraded extremely from the first game. While it still has a gravitational pull, it floats much higher above the screen than before, which means using said gravitational pull is pretty much required to hit it. The Moon starts the fight by using the following pattern:
- Shoot 12 fireballs upwards that drop down and bounce off the ground once before falling off the screen.
- Shoot 5 groups of 3 fireballs straight down that bounce off the ground once before falling off the screen.
- Drop 6 fireballs that, upon hitting the ground, shoot 3 smaller fireballs and create a small moving flame.
Once the Moon reaches 28 health, its pattern changes to the following:
- Teleport to Mega Man's position 3 times.
- Create a horizontal wave of flames across the middle of the screen. One part of this wave has a gap large enough for Mega Man to fit through easily.
- Shoot 3 fireballs.
- Slam into the ground, launching Mega Man into the air, possibly into the wave of flames.
- Repeat the above two steps twice. The flames will disappear after this.
Make a Good Mega Man Level
|Other Notes||Black Hole Bomb hits several times.|
Make a Good Mega Man Level Remastered
Make a Good Mega Man Level 2
- The MaGMML2 fight reuses Bouncy Castle code, which is triggered during the second phase attack where he slams into the ground to launch Mega Man into the air, although the screen shake effect is heavily toned down from the entry level. Ironically, the boss in this incarnation was programmed by ACESpark, who suffered motion sickness issues trying to play through Bouncy Castle.
- The Moon is the only custom boss in the original MaGMML to have a drastically different damage table in Make a Good Mega Man Level Remastered (with all others remaining identical, or with slight changes).
|Make a Good Mega Man Level - Tier 5|
|Citadel Basement • NEON GRAVITY • Mega Man World • Glass Man|
|The Moon • Gravity Machine • Ronrez • Birdo • Glass Man|
|Make a Good Mega Man Level 2 - Tier 10|
|Boil Man • Komuso Temple • Launch Man & Shuttle Man • Cyber Man • Beneath Sand and Rock • Quarantine Woman • Neapolitan Man • Haunt Man • The Stage Nobody Asked For • Identity Crisis|
|List of Bosses|
|Boil Man • Air Capsule • Komuso Man • Launch & Shuttle Man • Cyber Man • 8 Centipeder Tower • Quarantine Woman • Neapolitan Man • Haunt Man • Spiked-Wall Man • Pharaoh Man's Revenge • Alter Man|
|The Moon • Birdo • Glass Man|