Wily Machine SWORD
- "We've been fighting for a long time, Mega Man. You should know that if there's an opportunity, I seize it."
- ―Doctor Albert W. Wily, Reality Core
|Wily Machine SWORD|
The Wily Machine SWORD is a boss in Make a Good Mega Man Level 2. As the name suggests, it is a Wily Machine-type mech, sporting an arsenal of attacks based on the various simulations of the festival. It appears as the seventh boss of the Reality Core level.
The Wily Machine SWORD will initially use the following pattern:
- Fly back and forth at a low enough height that Mega Man must slide underneath the blades on the sides of the machine.
- Perform two slash attacks using the blades. When the Wily Machine SWORD's health reaches 41, it will also shoot green energy balls (similar in appearance to those used by Octoper OA) during this attack.
- Summon a random pair of enemies. The possible enemies include the following
- Fly to the top of the screen and float to the other side of the room while shooting a barrage of projectiles (the same projectiles used by various enemies in Yggdrasil).
- Position itself directly above Mega Man and try to crush him by slamming the machine into the ground, which causes rocks to fall from the top of the screen (the same rocks seen in the Ombuds Man battle).
- Fly to the top of the screen and shoot a smaller barrage of projectiles (again, the ones used by various enemies in Yggdrasil).
- Use several slash attacks in quick succession. When the Wily Machine SWORD's health reaches 41, it will also shoot green energy balls during this attack.
- Summon a random pair of enemies.
- Float down to a height that forces Mega Man to slide under the blades, then charge into the wall.
- Summon a random pair of enemies.
When the machine's health reaches 28, its blades fall off. It then shoots a spark at Mega Man that transforms him into Hornet Man (directly based off his playable appearance in Identity Crisis). The machine then bounces along the ground, making rocks fall from above each time it lands (again, the same rocks from the Ombuds Man battle), while also shooting star projectiles in an arc.
When the machine's health reaches 21, it transforms Hornet Man into Jewel Man. It then shoots a single bouncing Cutting Wheel, and begins flying back and forth while summoning the Telly XLs from Forgotten Fortress.
When the machine's health reaches 14, it transforms Jewel Man into Nitro Man. The core of the machine then becomes visible, and the machine itself flies out of reach, shooting blue homing energy balls (the same ones used by the Air Capsule II), while the core bounces along the edges of the room, periodically shooting small projectiles in 4 directions.
Finally, when the machine's health reaches 7, it transforms Nitro Man into Bright Man, and encases itself in a barrier. Flash Stopper no longer works, leaving Bright Man without any means of offense. The machine will perform the following attacks:
- Summon four instant-kill Quick Lasers from the top of the screen (using the same visual cues from the battle against Force Man).
- Summon a Glue Telly from Bond Man, a Lakitu from SMB3, and a Snow Hawk from Misty Lake.
- Shoot a spread of spike balls (the same ones that Door Man uses) that fall off the screen.
- Shoot a spread of three bouncing projectiles (the same ones used by Cheat Man).
- Shoot four orbs (the same ones used by Lord Elewoofro) that move slowly and bounce off the ground.
The barrier surrounding the machine then shatters, and the machine falls to the ground. Using Flash Stopper at this point will drain the rest of the machine's health, and the battle will end, transforming Bright Man back into Mega Man.
|Other Notes||*Deals 1 point of damage after phase 1.|
- When the Wily Machine SWORD is defeated in Reality Core, the character Bright Man is transformed into is always Mega Man, regardless of which costume was used at the start of the fight. This, despite popular belief, is actually intentional, to prevent a plot hole with megaman sprite game as well as allowing for a special laying down cutscene sprite during the cutscene before Wily Core. If the Wily Machine SWORD is defeated in the True Arena or the Boss Gallery, the costume used at the start of the fight is the same as the costume Bright Man is transformed into.
|Make a Good Mega Man Level 2 - Wily Star|
|Outer Space • Water Ducts • Classic Castle • Lever Oriental Enchanted • Inner Sanctum • Unobtainium Mine • Reality Core|
|List of Bosses|
|Vanguard • Mecha Bubble Man • Btd'nhan • Riplings • Gravity Man • Autobounce • Super Dachone • Seven Force • Holo Dragon • Chimerabot 1 • Chimerabot 2 • Chimerabot 3 • Chimerabot 4 • Chimerabot 5 • Wily Machine SWORD • megaman sprite game|