The Zap Chip is one of five elemental chips in Make a Good Mega Man Level: Episode Zero. After being stolen from Dr. Hyde by SRARA, it is found right at the top of Stormy Spire. When equipped, Zero's speed increases tremendously, giving him by far the biggest speed upgrade of all the chips. However, it drains energy much more quickly than the other five chips, running out after around fifty seconds if not replenished by reaching a checkpoint or dying.
When equipped, it imbues Zero's weapons with an electric element, giving each weapon the ability to temporarily immobilize enemies akin to the Spark Shock:
- The Z-Buster shoots a three-way spreadshot of short-ranged electric bolts, which can briefly paralyze enemies. This iteration of the Z-Buster cannot be aimed up or down.
- The Z-Saber creates a large lightning bolt that rises from the nearest piece of ground or pit beneath Zero. This bolt travels all the way to the top of the screen, making it useful for attacking targets high above Zero.
- The Z-Burst moves much faster, but each shot remains relatively close to each other. It can paralyze enemies the longest out of the regular three weapons.
- The Blank Drive works just like the Scramble Thunder from Mega Man 11, and fires a large electric ball either downwards or upwards. When hitting a floor or ceiling, it splits into two bolts that crawl along the ground. Like the Z-Burst, it can paralyze enemies for longer periods, but it is more likely to kill things in one blow.
Against enemies, weapons equipped with the Zap Chip have the following damage values:
- Aquatic: 2 (Z-Buster), 3 (Z-Burst), 5 (Z-Saber, Blank Drive)
- Bird: 2 (Z-Buster, Z-Burst), 3 (Z-Saber, Blank Drive)
- Floating: 2 (Z-Buster, Z-Burst), 3 (Z-Saber, Blank Drive)
- Flying: 2 (Z-Buster, Z-Burst), 3 (Z-Saber, Blank Drive)
- Grounded: 2 (Z-Buster), 3 (Z-Burst), 4 (Z-Saber, Blank Drive)
- The Zap Chip is the only chip that isn't received from defeating a boss, instead being found out in the open.
- Like with the other four Chapter 2 chips, it's possible for a player to complete Stormy Spire without picking up the Zap Chip at the end. However, they will still receive the Zap Chip, removing the need to replay the level all over again.