The Zap Golem is a boss from Make a Good Mega Man Level: Episode Zero. One of the five mysterious and powerful Golems, it bears four electrode-tipped arms and a lightbulb on its head, both of which are used to emit powerful electrical attacks.
The Zap Golem won't appear until all 36 Energy Elements have been collected from Chapter 2's levels (excluding Construction of Constructions, Mojo Dojo, and S.R.A.R.A. HQ); afterwards, it will travel the world map as a roaming boss. When defeated, the Zap Golem drops an upgrade that halves the Zap Chip's energy drain rate.
The Zap Golem attacks by using one of four attacks, never using the same attack twice in a row:
- Sending one arm to the top of the screen, firing shots downwards, and another to the lower right. The two arms periodically shoot lightning bolts straight ahead, with one arm firing after the other. This attack is one of two that the battle can begin with.
- Sending one pair of arms to the ground on either side of Zero, while the other pair fly across the top of the screen. This pair will shoot a lightning bolt identical to that of the Zap Saber's downwards when they detect Zero underneath, while the other pair slam together and create a similar bolt that travels upwards.
- Surrounding Zero with all four arms, and firing a spread of sparks identical to the Zap Burst. The only way to avoid them is to jump near/stand near the firing arm, which is telegraphed by it flashing white. It fires three bursts before stopping.
- Constantly shooting large ground-crawling sparks identical to the Zap Drive, while trying to drop its arms onto Zero, which are now stacked on top of one another in pairs. The sparks will crawl up and down the arms as if they were walls. This attack is one of two that the battle can begin with.
If Zero tries to hide behind the Zap Golem, it will use a fifth attack; the four arms shoot electricity into the Zap Golem, which releases a constant, unavoidable shower of sparks until Zero either moves away, or dies.
- The underside flame of the Zap Golem deals an additional point of damage to Zero compared to most of the other Golems. It shares this trait with the Psycho Golem.