Difference between revisions of "Volt Man the Assimilator"
|Line 81:||Line 81:|
Latest revision as of 06:06, 22 May 2020
|Phase 2 of the fight|
- "One of us...one of us...ONE OF US..."
- ―Volt Man the Assimilator, pre-fight cutscene
Volt Man the Assimilator is the final boss of The Mega Arena in Make a Good Mega Man Level 2. The fight is both a joke on Volt Man's prominence as a devkit boss and the fact that in the game's source code, the default sprite for a non-moving NPC is Volt Man, leading to all of the hub rooms in-editor looking like they are exclusively populated by Volt Man. The fight itself does not start immediately upon entering the room in the arena - instead, the player must go through a recreation of Dr. Light's Lab where every NPC is replaced by Volt Man, including Eddie. All items in the shop become a "Volt Upgrade" that cannot be purchased. Defeating the boss will unlock the Sonic costume.
The first phase involves twenty eight Volt Man coming at you two at a time, 100-Man Smash style. The Volt Men have eight different patterns they can randomly choose from, all of which get upgraded when the total health of the hivemind is below half:
- A Volt Man jumps around towards the player. When health is below half, the Volt Man will spawn floor-travelling sparks every time it hits the ground.
- A Volt Man forms a protective shield. When health is above or equal to half, the Volt Man will shoot the shield out like the normal Volt Man devkit boss, and when it is below half, the Volt Man will transform the shield into a large spark shot that it lobs at the player.
- A Volt Man continuously charges up and lobs two shots to the left and right of it. When health is above half, they will go straight, and when it is below or equal to half, they will bounce around the screen.
- A Volt Man teleports to slightly above the ground and floats around the arena, occasionally throwing out a spark shot. The Volt Man will fly faster when health is below half.
- A Volt Man does a high jump to the top of the arena, floats towards Mega Man, falls back down, and repeats the process. If health is below half, the Volt Man will shoot out floor travelling sparks when it hits the floor.
- A Volt Man will sit still and charge up. If the Volt Man is not defeated, it will eventually let out a huge flash that does heavy damage. If health is below half, the Volt Man will slide towards Mega Man while charging.
- A Volt Man continuously jumps up and down, causing earthquakes and a spark shot to fall down when it hits the ground. When health is below half, two spark shots to the left and right of the original spark shot will also fall down.
- A Volt Man will sit still and shoot out a homing shot occasionally. When health is below half, it will shoot out the homing shots more frequently.
The second phase is a giant Volt Man "demon" drawn in a similar vein to Zero, which always follows the same pattern. It first spawns a bunch of large spark shots that delay a bit before shooting towards the player. It then sends four spiraling spark shots out and quickly shoots around the screen before the spark shots explode. After that, it will then spawn many targets on top of the player that, after a short time, will explode and shoot an arcing spark shot upwards. After that, it will spawn spark shots all across the top of the screen (except for in one safe spot) that, after a while, will slam down. It will then shoot down a bunch of mini spark shots straight downwards towards Mega Man, and the pattern will repeat.
Both phases go down quickly to Slash Claw, just like the regular Volt Man, so it is recommended to use that. While the fight is relatively easy, the rest of the Mega Arena may have you dwindling for resources.
|Other Notes||Volt Man clones|
|Other Notes||Cryptid Volt Man|