|Artwork by Himajin Jichiku|
- "You're wondering how I got here, aren't you, Mega Man? Well, I looked up all the answers, of course! I am CHEAT Man after all! Mwahahahaha!"
- ―Cheat Man, Deep Thoughts
Cheat Man is a Robot Master from the Rockman 2 ROM hack Rockman CX. He was created by Dr. Light to destroy the titular Rockman CX, a knockoff of Mega Man created by Dr. Wily. As his name suggests, his main ability is distorting the game to gain an unfair advantage in battle.
He appears in Make a Good Mega Man Level 2 as a tier boss, and makes a few other appearances throughout the game. Cheat Man is significantly less difficult here than he is in Rockman CX, but he is still very much a threat.
Cheat Man is one of the eight Robot Masters. His stage is set across a city's rooftops, which Rockman CX must navigate. During the battle against Cheat Man, he attacks by cheating in numerous ways, including (but not limited to) teleporting Rockman CX so his own attacks damage himself, gradually refilling his health, deleting half of the arena to create a bottomless pit, swapping healthbars with Rockman CX if the latter's is higher, throwing instant kill spikes, distorting the room's background and tiles, and using his Cheat Saber, which instantly kills Rockman CX on contact. When refought alongside the other seven Robot Masters in Dr. Light's Laboratory, Cheat Man is supported by three enemies from the video game Mother 3; a Gently Weeping Guitar, a Jealous Bass, and a Beaten Drum. He also gains several new
ways to be a cheating git attacks.
Cheat Man's weakness is Mega Man's Special Weapon, the Mega Buster. His Cheat Saber, however, isn't the weakness of any one boss in particular; rather, it instantly kills any boss it is used on. The one exception is, ironically, Cheat Man himself, who will manipulate the game to have it kill Rockman CX instead if he tries using it on him.
Make a Good Mega Man Level 2
Cheat Man appears as the boss of Tier 6, the Battle Network. On entering the boss corridor, Cheat Man will trap Mega Man in the left wall, forcing him upwards while transforming the area into a recreation of his original Rockman CX stage, before the battle begins proper. He also appears as a normal boss towards the end of the Tier X stage Deep Thoughts.
All fights with him start with dialogue, and he begins the fight by throwing the text of the final dialogue box at Mega Man while shooting three projectiles straight forward. He then floats near the top of the room and shoots two large projectiles that bounce off of surfaces eight times. After that, he uses the following pattern:
- He will float back down to the ground and charge up a laser. Cheat Man will try to fake Mega Man out by waiting until a split-second after what sounds like an audio cue to shoot the laser. The laser reduces Mega Man's health to 1; in Deep Thoughts, it outright kills him, bypassing the effect of the Skull Amulet.
- He will shoot another bouncing projectile, then float back and forth with a glitchy wall in front of him. Shooting this wall will teleport the projectile to the top of the screen, where it will fall down on Mega Man and damage him on contact. This also happens if it makes contact with the Sakugarne or Rush.
- At the middle of the room, he will shoot yet another bouncing projectile, float up, and forcibly teleport Mega Man to the top of the room nine times, with the last four times having a smaller window between teleports.
Notably, the background of his fight will become progressively more glitchy and distorted as Cheat Man takes damage. Once the player's save file reaches 100%, Cheat Man will appear as an NPC outside Dr. Light's Lab, where he will congratulate Mega Man on clearing the game 100%, and unlock Cheat Mode. Talking to him again afterwards will take Mega Man straight to the Cheat Menu.
|Other Notes||Flash Stopper ends earlier than normal when used on Cheat Man.|
- Prior to the release of the Megamix Engine, Cheat Man appeared on the official MaGMML Twitter in a "Weapon of the Week" video showcasing the Rush Bike, where he revealed the engine's Open Beta release date of July 11th, 2018.
- According to the creator of Rockman CX, Himajin Jichiku, Cheat Man was created simply by taking Heat Man and adding a C to his name.
|Make a Good Mega Man Level 2 - Tier 6|
|Wily Coaster • Changeable Caverns • Joe Man (stage) • Crystal Lab • Nitrogen Man • Duwang • Lava Factory • Just an Ice Level|
|List of Bosses|
|Joe Man • Joe Man R • Chill Man • Crash Man|
|Make a Good Mega Man Level 2 - Tier X|
|Coyote Man • Deep Thoughts • Goblins n' Ghasts • Hardcore Parkour • Mario Land • Metallic Ocean • Nightwalk Castle • So Good • Star Road • Swiss Hotel • The Quickening 2 • Wily Fortress VR • Null and Void|
|List of Bosses|
|Coyote Man • Alter Man • Air Capsule • Chomp Man • Sheriff Man • Cheat Man • Skullder • Skullder's Revenge • Excalibur Man • Holo Wily • Air Man • Unbeatable Air Man • Toad Man • Toad Man's Revenge • Gigabgyo • Volt Man MK2 • Ronrez • 8 Centipeder Tower|
|Null and Void Bosses|
|Boundin' Crash Man • Napalm Man Mk2 • Disco Ball • Copy Hologram • Die Sign • Fire Man • Literally Just a Bee • Twin Cannons • Stone Butterfly|
|True Final Boss|