- "S-So scary... [...] What if a giant fire robot tries to hunt me down?! And what if it's better at being a fire robot than me?!?!"
- ―Heat Man, Make a Good Mega Man Level: Episode Zero
The Flame Golem is a boss from Make a Good Mega Man Level: Episode Zero. It is a mysterious giant robot and one of the five Golems, separated from the rest by having burning shoulders, a head styled like a trapper hat, and two large flame cannons from which it shoots an array of fire-based attacks.
The Flame Golem is a roaming boss, capable of appearing over almost any stage on the world map, but it will not appear until 36 Energy Elements have been collected from Chapter 2's levels; in other words, by completing every chip path level (not counting Construction of Constructions, Mojo Dojo, or S.R.A.R.A. HQ). When defeated, the Flame Golem drops an upgrade that halves the Flame Chip's energy drain rate.
The Flame Golem attacks by using one of four attacks, never using the same attack twice in a row:
- Shooting large fireballs that arc towards Zero, explode on hitting the ground, then split into two smaller arcing fireballs. One cannon stays above the screen, firing shots downwards, while the other stays low and fires them forwards, with shots alternating between the two.
- Dropping both arms to the ground behind it, creating two explosions on impact and sending two long rows of flame pillars rushing out to the left. If Zero hides behind the Flame Golem, this is the only attack it will do as long as he stays there.
- Holding its cannons out in a similar way to the dual fireball attack, but with the bottom cannon at a 45° angle. This cannon shoots the same kind of fireball at Zero, while the top cannon shoots a fiery Z-Burst downwards shortly after the fireball splits.
- Angling its cannons downwards and shooting the Flame Drive's splitting fire core two times; first with one cannon, then the other. The fireball spread is unavoidable without hiding under the cannon that shot the initial core.
- Despite being a fire-themed boss, the underside flame of the Flame Golem does not deal any more damage than normal, unlike the Zap Golem and Psycho Golem.
- This is ironic since the Psycho Golem is actually weak to the Flame Chip's weaponry.
- The Flame Golem is the only Golem boss that can choose any of its four attacks as the first attack of the battle.
- The Flame Golem is the only Golem to be weak to two different chips, those being the Icicle Chip and the Zap Chip. In the case of the latter, it is only weak to the Zap Drive.