|Artwork by ACESpark|
- "WHY DO YOU JEST?! I AM DEATH! I AM YOUR END! I AM FUTURE!"
- ―Future, obviously unhappy about what his new job is doing to his publicity
The Ghost of Christmas Future, also known simply as Future, originally known as Macabre Man, is a boss from the Sprites INC fangame Mega Man's Christmas Carol, and its remake, Mega Man's Christmas Carol Remix. Modeled after the Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come from the Charles Dickens book A Christmas Carol (albeit with a different, less clunky name), he was originally created by Dr. Light to serve as a curator for the Victorian Museum in England, but was later modified for combat.
Future appears in Make a Good Mega Man Level 2, where he serves as a tier boss. Unlike most tier bosses, his attack pattern is mostly the same as his previous appearances, though he does have some new attacks.
Mega Man's Christmas Carol (Remix)
Future is one of the four main Robot Masters. By the game's nature, he has no stage, and Mega Man goes straight to his boss fight, during which he floats in the air and summons numerous spinning scythes to attack. Additionally, a red scythe will occassionally appear, which tracks Mega Man between regular pauses before self-destructing. Though he tends to stay out of the Mega Buster's range, he will sometimes float lower to the ground, where he can be more easily damaged. He is weak to the Candy Cane, the weapon of Past, while the Twinkle Buster he gives is the weakness of Present.
In Mega Man's Christmas Carol Remix, Future attacks in the same way, but now occasionally teleports around the arena while throwing his own scythe as a boomerang. A timer in the background counts down from 44 seconds; if Future isn't killed before it reaches zero, he will eschew his scythe summoning for teleporting at random while throwing his scythe at Mega Man. Instead of the Twinkle Buster, Mega Man obtains the Future Scythe, which acts as a boomerang projectile.
Future appears as the boss of Tier 7, McWily's. He appears shortly after destroying the apparant tier boss, Pepsi Man, stating that nobody fights during his shift. However, he grows enraged at Mega Man, believing he arrived to mock him for working at McWily's, and swiftly breaks his own rules in pursuit of vengeance.
Future has a random attack pattern. After blocking off the boss gate with flames, he will float back and forth at a height that Mega Man cannot reach, while summoning blue scythe projectiles that home in on Mega Man. At certain points, Future will stop to use one of the following attacks before he continues floating:
- Summon four homing scythes at once.
- Throw his own scythe, which returns to Future like a boomerang. He may throw the scythe a second time before his pattern continues.
- Summon an hourglass, and slow Mega Man down temporarily.
The height that Future floats at changes at certain points throughout the fight, which gives Mega Man an opportunity to attack. Once Future's health reaches 0, several flames will erupt from his body, which can still hurt Mega Man. If these flames are avoided, Future will explode and drop the Energy Element. After his defeat, Future appears as an NPC in Chateau Chevaleresque.
- Future is a homage to Death (also known as the Grim Reaper) from the Castlevania series, with whom he shares a similar "multiple small spinning scythes" attack. When dying in Mega Man's Christmas Carol Remix, he makes the same death scream and flame explosion as defeated bosses in Akumajou Densetsu (the Famicom version of Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse). While the fire effect is absent from his Make a Good Mega Man Level 2 appearance, his dying flame attack uses the same graphics.
- In the pre-release version of MaGMML2 (as seen in Flashman85's initial streams of the contest results), Future's battle theme was the boss theme from the original Flash version of Mega Man's Christmas Carol. In the final game, his battle theme is instead the theme for the fight against the Light Devil from Mega Man's Christmas Carol 2, which was re-used in Mega Man's Christmas Carol Remix as the standard boss theme. Both themes are NES-styled renditions of the song "Carol of the Bells".
- To date, Future is the only tier boss in a Make a Good Mega Man Level game that can harm and/or kill the player even after being defeated.
|Make a Good Mega Man Level 2 - Tier 7|
|Biplane Bay • Blaze Man • Gunpowder Cellar • Cursor Curse • Cossack's Other Citadel • Fortified Lab • Spiky Situation • Ruined Lab|
|List of Bosses|
|Toad Man • Match Man • Volt Man • Cursor • The Kid • Avoidance Cherry • Healthy Giant Metool • Doc Robot MK2 • Wishing Star|
|Ghost of Christmas Future|