|Art by Harbige12|
GameStop Duck is a boss from Make a Good Mega Man Level: Episode Zero, and is the game's lone superboss. A mysterious being with a weapon shaped like a key, they are supposedly among the strongest fighters in the galaxy.
GameStop Duck appears as the end foe of The Ultimate Choice's highest difficulty, Soul Eraser; as such, they are unable to be challenged before clearing the game once. Defeating them will grant Zero their CD for the database.
GameStop Duck begins by jumping around a few times at varying heights, which is its only method of moving when its not attacking. They will then pick from a very large assortment of attacks, seemingly at random.
- Performs a triple slash combo with the keyblade.
- Spins the keyblade across the ground while moving towards Zero, stopping when they reach his vertical position.
- Performs a jumping upwards slash with the keyblade set aflame, looking virtually identical to the real Zero's Ryuenjin.
- Performs a large leaping somersault forward while performing a rolling slash with the keyblade, which creates a shockwave when landing; the slash creates a stunning quake when it hits the ground. The keyblade turns green during this attack, referencing Zero's Z-Saber, and the attack as a whole is a reference to the real Zero's Kuuenzan.
- Jumps high into the air and slowly descends in flight while tracking Zero's position. After a few seconds, they will plunge downward with the keyblade coated in ice, which will create shockwaves on either side of the boss. The stab creates a quake when it hits the ground. Based on the actual Zero's Hyouretsuzan.
- Summons three turrets that float around Zero and track his every movement. All three turrets will fire a shot at Zero simultaneously three times before disappearing. The boss can perform other attacks while this one is still active.
- Performs a short hop into the air before charging at Zero three times at ground level.
- Transforms the keyblade into a motorbike-type vehicle and attempts to run over Zero, following him relentlessly. After a few seconds of riding, the boss will try to fake Zero out by jumping right before he's about to run him over.
- Transforms the keyblade into a massive cannon that fires three huge lasers one by one. The first and third lasers are at ground level and must be jumped over, while the second laser must be slid under.
- Enters a stance as their eyes turn into a solid black line. If Zero is close enough to the boss when this happens, he will be stunned and the boss will retaliate with an electric burst from the keyblade.
Once reduced to half of its HP, the boss will jump to the top center of the screen and fire ten large energy orbs that slightly track the player, before dropping down to continue the fight. GameStop Duck now has an attack where they raise the keyblade and summon a skull that floats above Zero's head, slowing him down for a few seconds, similar to Future from Make a Good Mega Man Level 2. Most of their attacks remain the same as in phase one, but the duck can now combine their sword attacks in unique ways not seen before, such as replacing the third hit of their basic slash combo with the low spinning slash, or performing a Kuuenzan immediately after a low spinning slash. When reduced to 7 HP, GameStop Duck will ready their most dangerous attack. The keyblade will become colossal as the duck slowly moves towards Zero, before eventually releasing a charged slash with huge range, known as the "Blinding-Flash Death-God Swing". Should the attack connect, a small cinematic will insue where Zero is attacked by a barrage of slashes, with his HP reduced to one point regardless of how much health he had prior. GameStop Duck is invincible both when charging this attack and shortly after it ends.
After a long and tumultuous fight, the duck compliments Zero's abilities before bidding him farewell.
- GameStop Duck is derived from a 2017 image macro, in which a duck is inside a GameStop store. This image was initially the icon for Episode Zero's Discord server, before it was replaced by another image... which also featured a duck.
- GameStop Duck has numerous references to the Kingdom Hearts series; in addition to using a Keyblade, they use the Lingering Will's battle music, as well as its Keyblade motorbike attack. It also briefly uses the Lingering Will's armour in the pre-fight cutscene.
- GameStop Duck is the final boss on the boss gallery list, creating a (probably very unintentional) book end, as the first boss on the list, discounting the joke Mega Man battle, just so happens to be another duck.