Make a Good 48 Hour Mega Man Level
Make a Good 48 Hour Mega Man Level is the upcoming sequel to Make a Good 24 Hour Mega Man Level. Just like its predecessor, the contest centered around contestants randomly drawing a "box" with specified enemies and gimmicks available in the engine and then having to make a level using those box items in a specified amount of time. Three enemies and two gimmicks were provided in the box, and, as specified by the title, contestants had 48 hours to complete their level. The boxes were handled on Discord, with a bot randomly (Note: Some suspect that it is not actually random, and instead favors fire items and Venus Waterfalls) generating the boxes.
The contest was conducted in an early version of the Megamix Engine as a beta test. Submissions opened on July 25th, 2018, with the bot shutting down on August 23rd, 2018, meaning that the final deadline was August 25th. It was hosted by head judge ParmaJon, with M-Jacq, Freeman, and PKWeegee rounding out the judge panel. It garnered a final count of 107 valid submissions, a surprising increase from MaGMML2. Judging officially finished on March 29th, 2021, although the final results have yet to be revealed.
Yep, it's Mega Man.
|Weapon||Original Robot Master||Original Game|
|Spark Shock||Spark Man||Mega Man 3|
|Search Snake||Snake Man||Mega Man 3|
|Rain Flush||Toad Man||Mega Man 4|
|Concrete Shot||Concrete Man||Mega Man 9|
|Salt Water||Neptune||Mega Man V|
|Flame Mixer||Konro Man||Rockman & Forte: Mirai Kara no Chousensha|
|Homing Sniper||Search Man||Mega Man 8|
|Tengu Blade||Tengu Man||Mega Man & Bass|
|Rush Coil||N/A||Mega Man 3|
|Rush Jet||N/A||Mega Man 4 (Variant)|
107 valid entries were submitted, plus 10 which were disqualified or pulled, making it the largest MaGMML contest at the time (though eventually surpassed by MaGMML3).
- This contest is the first contest to outright exclude some submitted levels from the final game.
- Not using box items and/or putting custom objects in a level were grounds for complete removal. Levels excluded for these offenses were "Chaos of the Factory", "Air Woooosh", "Do You Have the Guts to Conquer Gravity?", and "Wasteland Beach".
- Partnering up when both players already received a box is disallowed, as this would allow the pair to get up to six boxes. Box swapping in general is also disallowed, both offenses being prohibited under rule 2. "Chaos of the Stone" was excluded for violating this rule.
- The contest allowed resubmission of entirely new levels to replace previously submitted ones, as long as the submitter still had boxes left. Levels excluded because of resubmission were "Air Control", "Platform Lab", and "AAAAAA".
- "Night Highway" was disqualified for being submitted too late.
- "Air Woooosh" and "thebestleveleverxdlmao" were excluded for being horrendously bad, low-hanging-fruit troll levels. "thebestleveleverxdlmao" also broke a minor rule that discouraged the usage of the placeholder tilesets.