|Artwork by Karakato|
- "he's not match for me tho"
- ―PKWeegee on the Discord, with totally not overused joke.
Match Man is a Robot Master in Make a Good Mega Man Level 2 who appears as the boss of the stage Gunpowder Cellar. Created to compete in robot tournaments, he was built with a matchstick-shaped body to evade attacks easily and counterattack with a powerful thermal system built into his head.
In Make a Good Mega Man Level: Episode Zero, Match Man makes two appearances. The first is as part of the Special Weapon data used by the Alter Archive boss in Null and Void. His second appearance is in the credits of the game, where he is seen in Mega City's Robot Museum at the front of a line of other MaGMML2 Robot Masters. He attempts to sign a contract using himself as a pen, with predictably flammable results.
Match Man follows a strict pattern:
- Match Man dashes towards Mega Man, not stopping until he reaches a wall.
- Match Man stops at the wall and ignites himself. He is invincible while on fire.
- Match Man jumps towards Mega Man. When he lands, he shoots two fire waves on either side of himself. He will then stop burning and be vulnerable to attacks.
- Match Man repeats the three previous steps one more time.
- Match Man dashes to the middle of the room, stops, and ignites himself again. He then jumps very high and shoots two large fireballs on either side of himself, both of which rain down a row of fire waves. This attack has two patterns with two different safe spots. On the first use of the attack, the safe spot will be directly under Match Man. On the second use, there will be two safe spots, located in front of the second background barrel from each wall. Once this attack is done, Match Man repeats the entire pattern from the start.
- Mysterion-svin designed Match Man's boss fight around the player primarily using Charge Shots or the Grab Buster (his weakness), hence his habit of spending most of the fight in an invulnerable state.
- Because of this, Match Man loses a large amount of his i-frames in the Mega Arena.
- Match Man's attack pattern is noticeably similar to that of Plant Man's, only a bit faster... and with a fiery rain attack added on.
|Make a Good Mega Man Level 2 - Entry Bosses|
|Original Robot Masters|
|Alter Man • Boil Man • Bond Man • Chomp Man • Combust Man • Cyber Man • Force Man • Haunt Man • Joe Man • Launch Man & Shuttle Man • Match Man • Neapolitan Man • Neon Man • Quarantine Woman • Sheriff Man • Spiked-Wall Man • Taco Man • Truffle Man|
|Edited Robot Masters|
|Boundin' Crash Man • Color Man • Final Toad • Gangly Crash Man • Groovity Man • Guts Man Duo • Komuso Man? • Napalm Man • Pharaoh Man's Revenge • Romhack Top Man|
|8 Centipeder Tower • Alien • Boss Whopper • Bowser • Captain Viridian • CATS • Cirno • Crator • Cream • Crusher Joe • Cursor • Doc Robot • Donut X • Kelbesque • Kichona • The Kid|
|Other Bosses and Mid-bosses|
|Air Capsule • Air Devil • Avoidance Cherry • Big Fire Telly • Dennis • Disco Ball • Giant Metall • Green Hot Dog • Hall Master • Joe Man R • Joe Mob • Mixerlydia • Mush King • Red Hot Dog • Super Cannopeller • Turbo Roost • Warp Anomaly|
|Make a Good Mega Man Level 2 - Tier 7|
|Biplane Bay • Blaze Man • Gunpowder Cellar • Cursor Curse • Cossack's Other Citadel • Fortified Lab • Spiky Situation • Ruined Lab|
|List of Bosses|
|Toad Man • Match Man • Volt Man • Cursor • The Kid • Avoidance Cherry • Healthy Giant Metool • Doc Robot MK2 • Wishing Star|
|Ghost of Christmas Future|