Neon Glass Birdo on a Guts Lift
on a Guts Lift
Neon Glass Birdo on a Guts Lift is a boss in Make a Good Mega Man Level and its remake, appearing in the Wily stage Hall of Fame. It is a composite of various elements of the top four levels, with Birdo from Mega Man World taking on a glass body with flashing colours and a gravitational pull, attacking from atop a Guts Lift from Citadel Basement.
Neon Glass Birdo on a Guts Lift rides a Guts Lift out of Mega Man's reach. Fortunately, it has a gravitational pull that Mega Man can use to hit it. The boss will randomly pick between one of six attacks:
- Drop an egg that explodes when it hits the ground.
- Spit an egg that flies around the room, bouncing off walls.
- Shoot four Black Holes at Mega Man.
- Drop a Punctoid that explodes when it hits the ground, splitting into eight projectiles.
- Drop two eggs that slowly bounce along the ground.
- Drop two glass shards.
As in the original, Neon Glass Birdo on a Guts Lift rides a Guts Lift outside Mega Man's range, though the gravitational pull is now represented by a Black Hole above its head. As before, it randomly chooses from a list of attacks, never using the same one twice in a row:
- Spitting up to four eggs aimed directly at Mega Man.
- Spitting two glass eggs that bounce around the room before eventually exploding; the explosions can damage Mega Man.
- Spitting up to four small Black Holes directly at Mega Man.
- Whistling for a Cloud Bomber to fly across the screen and drop four Punctoids that explode on contact with the ground. This Cloud Bomber has 10 HP, unlike other Cloud Bombers.
- Shooting three spiralling fireballs at Mega Man.
- Spitting a sharpened Guts Lift at the wall, which bounces off the walls before flying off the bottom of the screen.
After losing half of its health, two Crystal Generators on either side of the arena are activated, dropping two crystals/glass shards at frequent intervals from pipes in the ceiling. A puff of smoke precedes a crystal appearing from each pipe.
Make a Good Mega Man Level
Make a Good Mega Man Level Remastered
|Other Notes||*Instantly destroys the drive-by Cloud Bomber.|
- In Make a Good Mega Man Level Remastered, Neon Glass Birdo on a Guts Lift uses sound effects from Super Mario Bros. 2; specifically, Birdo's shooting sound, and Birdo's death cry.
- In Make a Good Mega Man Level Remastered, Neon Glass Birdo on a Guts Lift can be seen shattering into shards when destroyed.