|Concept art of Pepsi Man.|
- "PEPSI ONLY MY CHOICE (R)"
- ―Pepsi Man, Make a Good Mega Man Level: Episode Zero
Pepsi Man (also spelled Pepsiman) is a former Japanese mascot for Pepsi, who appeared in his own video game. In the year 20XX, the character was revived as a Robot Master and given his template's powers over Pepsi, as well as a strong grudge against Coca-Cola and rival soft drinks.
Pepsi Man appears in Make a Good Mega Man Level 2 in Tier 7, seemingly as the tier boss. However, he is never actually fought, instead being destroyed by a single scythe from the real tier boss, Future.
He reappears in Make a Good Mega Man Level: Episode Zero as a real boss, appearing in the stage Pepsi Zero, where he attacks Zero under the assumption that he is working for the Coca-Cola Company. Later on, he is encountered again in Null and Void, in Scatman's World's room on the seventh and final floor, as Pepsi Man's Revenge. Pepsi Man makes his final Episode Zero appearance in the game's credits, where he is seen talking to Plug Man (who is seen in Pepsi Zero as a sponsor for Pepsi) in Chateau Chevaleresque.
Pepsi Man has a simple two-step pattern. The first attack in his pattern is always to run towards Zero, making a turn once he has ran past Zero. This is similar in behaviour to a Cutting Wheel in chase mode. Once Pepsi Man has made enough turns, he will ignore Zero and keep running until he reaches either side of the arena, ending this attack.
The second attack in his pattern will be one of three possibilities:
- A series of bullets fired in arcs. They will start off aimed at the other side of the arena, but each subsequent bullet will bring its arc closer to Pepsi Man. Just like the globs hurled by Belchers, these bullets leave soda puddles upon hitting the floor, which will slow Zero's movement. They will persist until Pepsi Man has finished his next attack.
- Two large Pepsi Bubbles fired in the air. Each bubble will release a spread of bullets once it bursts, one doing so upon reaching the peak of its arc, the other upon hitting the ground. The one that pops in the air always does so before the other bubble.
- A large laser of concentrated Pepsi. The most damaging of the three attacks, but it also has a fairly long windup.
If at any point during the fight Pepsi Man's health is brought down to either 18 or 8 units, the next time he does the run attack, the turn he does afterwards will lead into a turbo charge. This is indicated by a different skid sound & Pepsi Man flashing colours. This charge will make Pepsi Man slam into either wall of the arena. The resulting tremor will cause a pile of giant Pepsi cans to fall from the top of the screen. Once this ends, Pepsi Man will return to the beginning of his usual pattern.
As his health gets lower, he will start to do two attacks after doing a run attack. In addition, his acceleration during the run attack will increase.
|Other Notes||*Reflected projectiles do 4 damage|
- In the original version of MaGMML2 sent to Flashman85, the Pepsi Man that appeared was from an unreleased fangame called Mega Man FU (which has since been cancelled). This Pepsi Man was eventually replaced with the official Pepsi mascot after it was decided that characters from unreleased fangames shouldn't be allowed to appear in the MaGMML series.
- Pepsi Man will have alternate dialogue based upon what costume Zero is wearing. If Zero is wearing his default costume, Pepsi Man will comment on his crude look. If Zero is wearing his Xtreme costume, Pepsi Man will confuse him for a fire fighter, and if Zero is wearing his hooded costume, Pepsi Man will think he’s from McWily's and is there to make a deal.
|Make a Good Mega Man Level 2 - Tier 7|
|Biplane Bay • Blaze Man • Gunpowder Cellar • Cursor Curse • Cossack's Other Citadel • Fortified Lab • Spiky Situation • Ruined Lab|
|List of Bosses|
|Toad Man • Match Man • Volt Man • Cursor • The Kid • Avoidance Cherry • Healthy Giant Metool • Doc Robot MK2 • Wishing Star|
|Ghost of Christmas Future|
|Make a Good Mega Man Level: Episode Zero - Chapter 2 Zap Path|
|Force Facility • Pepsi Zero • Entrance Succession • Projectile Party! • Volt Man Factory • Lightningrod Lab • Shocking Wacko Stage • Out of Order • Stormy Spire|
|List of Bosses|
|Force Guard • Pepsi Man • Octo Brain • Really Goddang Cool Quick Man • Volt Man the Real • Alastor • War Blur|