- "Oh no, it's an angry... erm... diamond!"
The Riplings appear in a group of three, each with their own health bar; only one attacks you at first, and after defeating that one, the other two will enter the fight. Both of these Riplings perform their attacks at the same time, but they do not always do the same attack at the same time. Each one has four possible attacks, performed at random:
- Appears at the top of the screen, and follows your position before quickly dropping down.
- Appears on the ground at either the left or right edge of the screen, before rushing over to the other side.
- Shoots its blades in the four cardinal directions, and then again in an X-Shaped pattern at a slight angle.
- The blades detach and spin around it quickly at a fixed distance.
The Riplings aren't the most threatening boss in Wily Star II, but their quick attack speed is what makes them tricky. For the first phase, try getting familiar with its tells, knowing to slide quickly away from it if it does anything but the ground move. While their weakness is technically Grab Buster, due to their almost complete lack of invincibility frames one can possibly get in more buster shots quickly because of the speed at which the projectiles travel. It is up to preference what they are fought with.
In the second phase, it gets much more tricky. Since the Riplings pick from their attacks at random independently, there are many combinations one should be prepared for.
- Both will appear on the ground and rush towards you, one coming from the left and one from the right. Most easily avoided by standing in the middle and jumping.
- Both will appear on the ground and rush towards you, both coming from the same side and slightly delayed. Most easily avoided by getting some distance from them and then quickly hopping over the first, then over the second.
- Both will appear very high up and drop down onto you slightly delayed. Best avoided by luring them for about a second and then sliding away in the opposite direction.
- One will rush towards you while the other one tries to fall on you. Best avoided by walking away from the bottom one for roughly half a second and then jumping.
- Both will perform the blade shot in mid-air. Best avoided by standing in the middle for the first blade shot and then moving slightly to the left of the left Ripling for the X-Shot.
- Both will perform their shield spin attack. Best avoided by staying exactly in the middle between them.
- Et cetera. Just about every combination of attacks is possible.
For most of their attacks it's suggested to stay in the middle and react accordingly. This phase is all about reflexes, and once you know what the tells mean and what different attacks there are in the second phase, this shouldn't be too hard a boss fight.
|Other Notes||No Ripling has invulnerability frames, meaning at close range Triple Blade will deal more damage than Grab Buster.|
|Make a Good Mega Man Level 2 - Wily Star|
|Outer Space • Water Ducts • Classic Castle • Lever Oriental Enchanted • Inner Sanctum • Unobtainium Mine • Reality Core|
|List of Bosses|
|Vanguard • Mecha Bubble Man • Btd'nhan • Riplings • Gravity Man • Autobounce • Super Dachone • Seven Force • Holo Dragon • Chimerabot 1 • Chimerabot 2 • Chimerabot 3 • Chimerabot 4 • Chimerabot 5 • Wily Machine SWORD • megaman sprite game|