SRARA Up n' Down
|Artwork by Spin Attaxx|
- "Heh! Looks like you messed with the wrong SRARA today, buddy! Prepare for some pain from the pits of purgatory!"
- ―SRARA Up n' Down, Make a Good Mega Man Level: Episode Zero
SRARA Up n' Down is one of the members of SRARA, and a major antagonist in Make a Good Mega Man Level: Episode Zero. They are a blue Up'n'Down in a police officer's hat and sunglasses, and have a very short-temper towards both friend and foe. They are frequently seen alongside their friend, SRARA Shield Attacker.
SRARA Up n' Down is first seen in Mega City, where they are fought as a boss. Afterwards, they make minor appearances in cutscenes alongside SRARA Shield Attacker, but don't resume an active role until Null and Void, where they have a rematch with Zero alongside the rest of SRARA.
SRARA Up n' Down follows a set pattern, which they will repeat:
- First they jump towards Zero multiple times, before drilling into the ground and attempting to rise up from under him, releasing a semicircle spread of projectiles while doing so. This drill move is done twice in a row. In Null and Void, additional spark-like projectiles erupt from the ground when the boss emerges, before falling down on Zero.
- Next, they jump to one side of the arena and make three tall leaps into the air while shooting projectiles on both sides, before jumping after Zero again. More projectiles are shot out during the Null and Void rematch.
- They jump backwards and throw a series of arcing bombs (resembling small Furaibons) at Zero. In the rematch, the bombs are thrown at a slower rate, but SRARA Up n' Down will repeatedly stomp the ground to create quakes that will stun a grounded Zero and leave him vulnerable.
- Finally, they charge towards Zero three times, and create shockwaves on either side of them every time they reach his destination. The charge speed is increased in the Null and Void battle.
- A fifth attack, exclusive to the Null and Void battle, has SRARA Up n' Down jump to the middle of the arena before summoning a wave of green energy spheres that emerge from the left side of the screen to the right, and vice versa. The only safe spots are on the far sides of the arena.
When refought in Null and Void, SRARA Up n' Down gains a notable speed increase all around, much like the other members of SRARA.
- Despite the minor enemy's name being officially spelled "Up'n'Down" (with two apostrophes and no spaces), Episode Zero consistently spells this character's name as "Up n' Down", spacing out each word and omitting the first apostrophe.
- SRARA Up n' Down's boss fight in Mega City (then known as "Mysterious Encounter") was included in Episode Zero's devkit, though they weren't a "devkit boss" and usage of SRARA Up n' Down was forbidden.
- SRARA Up n' Down is the only SRARA member to gain an entirely new attack in the Null and Void rematch, instead of merely only having enhancements to their existing attacks.
|Make a Good Mega Man Level: Episode Zero - Chapter 1|
|Explosive Freefall • Surveillance Canyon • Gusty Gorge • Defeat the Giant Spear Man! • Contra Base • Kingdom Crisis • Lost Valley • Skyhigh Ridge • Twilight Terrace • Abandoned Lab • Subterranean Stronghold • Vertical Hunger|
|List of Bosses|
|Mega Man • Dangerous Duck • Giant Spear Man • SRARA Up n' Down • Gomeramos King • Dethgerbis • Piranhabiran • Thwomp Man • Honey Woman • Doc Robot Overloaded • Punk • Boomer Kuwanger • Giga Kuwagata|
|Mega City • Dr. Wily's Secret Bunker|