Transmogrifier Weapons System
|Transmogrifier Weapons System|
The Transmogrifier Weapons System is a gimmick found in Make a Good Mega Man Level 2. It is a system that transforms a robot into a specific Robot Master, giving them that robot's Special Weapon and appearance. It appears in the winning level Identity Crisis, but also appears in the Wily stage Reality Core.
The Transmogrifier Weapons System is used by jumping into a portal identical in function to a Galaxy Man Portal. However, when exiting, Mega Man will be transformed into a different Robot Master based on the colour of the portal he jumped into. While transformed, he is locked to that Robot Master's Special Weapon, which has infinite energy so long as he's transformed. Attempting to quickswitch weapons will not work, though it will cause all onscreen instances of the current Special Weapon to vanish. There are five portal colours, each with different effects:
- Blue - Reverts Mega Man back to his normal self, restoring access to the Mega Buster and all his Special Weapons. Whatever costume he had prior to being transformed is also reinstated.
- Yellow - Transforms Mega Man into Hornet Man, locking him into the Hornet Chaser and giving it infinite ammo.
- Cyan - Transforms Mega Man into Jewel Man, locking him into the Jewel Satellite and giving it infinite ammo.
- Grey - Transforms Mega Man into Nitro Man, locking him into the Wheel Cutter and giving it infinite ammo.
- Purple - Transforms Mega Man into Bright Man, locking him into the Flash Stopper and giving it infinite ammo.
- While transformed into a Robot Master, the Mega Buster is renamed "LIFE" in the pause menu.
- In Identity Crisis, jumping into a blue portal while Mega Man's current costume is either Hornet Man or Bright Man will lock him into that robot's weapon as if it were a yellow or purple portal. This can't be replicated in Reality Core, as starting that level with either of those two costumes will revert Mega Man back to his default costume.