- "With the power of your silly festival, I will SMASH YOU INTO A MILLION PIECES!"
- ―Doctor Albert W. Wily, Reality Core
The Wily Core is a boss in Make a Good Mega Man Level 2. It is Dr. Wily's escape pod, carrying the Reality Core while being chased by Mega Man. It serves as the last boss fought in the Reality Core level, and the final boss of the main game as a whole.
The Wily Core is fought in a space-shooter setting, like the Outer Space level. The Mega Buster, as well as the buster shots from Flash Stopper, are replaced with an attack that shoots an Energy Element directly at the Wily Core. The elements will linger on top of the Wily Core even during its invincibility frames, allowing Mega Man to shoot several projectiles without having to worry about mashing the fire button at all times. The Wily Core will use the following pattern:
- Fire a stream of green energy balls (similar in appearance to the ones used by Air Capsule II) at Mega Man.
- Summon two giant lasers (from the end of the Vanguard battle) while shooting 8 small projectiles, followed by shooting two streams of red ball projectiles (like those shot by Cannons and Giant Metall) in an arc that Mega Man must fly between to avoid damage.
- Shoot two homing projectiles (from the Vanguard battle) while also shooting three homing missiles (similar to those that Moby shoots)
- Shoot a stream of fireballs at a downwards-facing curve (the same fireballs shot by Hot Dog).
- Shoot a Wheel Cutter blade that bounces along the edges of the screen while shooting Triple Blade projectiles, then shoot another homing Vanguard projectile.
- Summon seven Neon Shield Attackers.
- Shoot two magenta orbs (from the Lobster Force phase of the Seven Force fight) that try to block Mega Man's path with streams of small projectiles.
- Toss a red capsule (similar to the one used by 100 Wattons, or the Apache Joe from the Neon Man battle) that travels in an arc and explodes into 8 small projectiles upon making contact with the edge of the screen.
- Summon 7 blue energy balls (similar in appearance to the ones Air Capsule II uses) that rise up from the bottom of the screen, then move in Mega Man's direction after reaching the top of the screen.
- Shoot two Hornet Chaser hornets that slowly home in on Mega Man while Grab Buster projectiles circle around them.
- Shoot nine shurikens in rapid succession.
- Summon several of the CD projectiles from Cyber Man, then summon an urchin-shaped mech (from the Piranha Force phase of the Seven Force fight) that moves in a sine wave.
- Shoot five fireballs (identical in appearance to those used by Trappon F and Ronrez in Mega Man World from the first contest) that fly up from the bottom of the screen, then drop back down.
- Summon two non-lethal Quick Lasers.
- Summon a Sakugarne that bounces along the bottom of the screen five times, shooting Jewel Satellite jewels in eight directions with each bounce.
- Shoot several flames (the same flames that Future releases when he is defeated), then shoot another homing Vanguard projectile.
- Create two gigantic blocks, which will hurt Mega Man if neither one is destroyed before reaching him.
- Summon several large groups of laser-based mines (the same ones that Truffle Man uses).
- Summon three b-balls (similar to those used by megaman sprite game in the preceding fight) that rapidly bounce along the edges of the screen.
- Summon giant lasers (again, from the Vanguard battle) at the top and bottom of the screens, then another in the center.
- Slow down Mega Man (similar in effect to the debuff Future uses in his battle, complete with a skull above Mega Man's head, although it is also meant to represent Flash Stopper), then summon several Slash Claw slashes in front of Mega Man, one at a time.
|Other Notes||*Charged shots cannot be used.|
†The default weapons cannot be used; the alternate weapons, however, can.
|Make a Good Mega Man Level 2 - Wily Star|
|Outer Space • Water Ducts • Classic Castle • Lever Oriental Enchanted • Inner Sanctum • Unobtainium Mine • Reality Core|
|List of Bosses|
|Vanguard • Mecha Bubble Man • Btd'nhan • Riplings • Gravity Man • Autobounce • Super Dachone • Seven Force • Holo Dragon • Chimerabot 1 • Chimerabot 2 • Chimerabot 3 • Chimerabot 4 • Chimerabot 5 • Wily Machine SWORD • megaman sprite game|