Objective: Vain Space
| 20th : Objective: Vain Space|
|The hardest level ever made.|
- ―Mick Galbani, The longest Judge Review Mick has even written.
Objective: Vain Space is the 20th place entry in Make a Good Mega Man Level. It's a parody of the Make a Good Level X stage "Mission: Proud Sky".
Both are equally pointless wastes of time and resources. Still, free Energy Element!
Don't press anything. In fact, pressing anything is liable to get you killed. Just sit back and enjoy the ride!
|SnoruntPyro : 8 / 100|
|Cheez8 : 11 / 100|
|Duvi0 : 8 / 100|
|Mick Galbani / Blackmore Darkwing : 18 / 100|
|MrKyurem : ??? (Counted as 0) / 100|
Make a Good Mega Man Level 2
An Easter Egg version of this level can also be found in Tier 1 of the second game. Astro Man appears as an NPC here, and trying to fall down the pit will serve no purpose, as the fall never ends. Eventually, the Endless Staircase music from Super Mario 64 will fade in to tip the player off that there is nothing in the room.
- No Lynch made Objective: Vain Space in only a day or two for the sole purpose of rounding the contest's entry total up to an even 20.
- As the walls of the stage are made of Gemini Laser Destroyable Blocks, they can be broken with the Gemini Laser. Notably, despite Destroyable Blocks receiving new sprites in Make a Good Mega Man Level Remastered, the ones in Objective: Vain Space (and its corresponding section in Flashback Database) retain their original design.
- If you reach the bottom of the screen too far away from the middle, you will die. According to No Lynch, this wasn't intentional, but is nevertheless preserved in Remastered.
- Furthermore, at the end of the fall, you can walk off-screen; doing so, however, softlocks the game. This isn't possible in Remastered.
- This is one of two levels to be flat-out unrated by one of the judges, the other being Bouncy Castle.
- Objective: Vain Space and The Quickening are currently the only entries in MaGMML history to not have any music whatsoever.
- A modified version of the stage is part of the second game's The Pit of Pits, called "Mission: Vain Space?"
|Make a Good Mega Man Level - Tier 1|
|Objective: Vain Space • City War • Level • The Quickening|
|Jolt Man1 • Him1R|