The Cutter Chip is one of five elemental chips in Make a Good Mega Man Level: Episode Zero. Like the other chips, it was developed by Sophie Hyde for her drive system, and is the only one not to be stolen by SRARA. Zero receives it alongside the Blank Drive in Mega City, after chasing off SRARA Up n' Down. Unlike the other four chips, the Cutter Chip has no effect on Zero's mobility while equipped. It has a moderate energy consumption, using one bar roughly every two seconds, and like all chips is refilled after dying or reaching a checkpoint. Switching to another chip will stop the chip's energy from draining further.
When equipped, it imbues Zero's weapons with a cutter element, with many attacks receiving a boomerang attribute:
- The Z-Buster boomerangs back to Zero after a short distance, and is able to penetrate enemies (but cannot pierce shields). The shot itself resembles a small version of Cut Man's Rolling Cutter.
- The Z-Saber remains the same on the ground, but when used in the air, Zero performs the Rolling Slash - a spin attack that damages enemies and only stops when Zero lands or takes damage.
- The Z-Burst flies out in a slightly wider formation, before boomeranging back to Zero after travelling a small distance.
- The Blank Drive fires four large boomerangs outwards, which cover Zero in a circle.
Against enemies, weapons equipped with the Cutter Chip have the following damage values:
- Cannons: 2 (Z-Buster, Z-Burst), 3 (Z-Saber, Blank Drive)
- Cluster: 2 (all weapons)
- Joes: 2 (Z-Buster), 4 (Z-Saber, Blank Drive), 3 (Z-Burst)
- Mets: 2 (Z-Buster), 4 (Z-Saber, Blank Drive), 3 (Z-Burst)
- Shield Attackers: 2 (Z-Buster), 4 (Z-Saber, Blank Drive), 3 (Z-Burst)
- Shielded: 2 (Z-Buster), 4 (Z-Saber, Blank Drive), 3 (Z-Burst)
- Zero Soul uses an attack identical to the Cutter Chip's Blank Drive in Make a Good Mega Man Level Remastered.
- The Cutter Chip is the only unavoidable chip in MaGMML: Episode Zero; by avoiding Horizon Zero, Metropolitan Neapolitan, Stormy Spire, and Space Jam, the player can gather enough Energy Elements to unlock S.R.A.R.A. HQ without unlocking any of the other chips.