The Cutter Golem is a boss from Make a Good Mega Man Level: Episode Zero. It is a mysterious giant robot Golem with bladed arms and a Cut Man-esque head, and attacks with a variety of blades and cutting weapons.
The Cutter Golem is a roaming boss, capable of appearing over almost any stage on the world map, but it will not appear until 28 Energy Elements have been collected from Chapter 2's levels. Because S.R.A.R.A. HQ unlocks with only 27 Energy Elements, it's entirely possible to never encounter the Cutter Golem in a playthrough; even when it appears, it makes no attempt to chase Zero unlike the SRARA roamers. When defeated, the Cutter Golem drops an upgrade that halves the Cutter Chip's energy drain rate.
The Cutter Golem attacks by using one of four attacks, never using the same attack twice in a row:
- Shooting small cutters identical to the Cutter Chip's Z-Buster, which fly in one direction before going back. One claw stays above the screen, firing shots downwards, while the other stays low and fires them forwards. This will always be the first attack of the battle.
- Planting one claw in the ground, while the other moves in different directions to use a large spinning slash identical to the Rolling Slash.
- Firing the Cutter Chip's Z-Burst, before slicing the shots apart, making them rain down on Zero.
- Holding its claws out in the air, and firing four cutters that spiral outward, similarly to the Cutter Chip's Blank Drive. It does this three times in a row.
A blind spot exists in the corner behind the Cutter Golem, but if Zero hides out there, it will put its claw into the ground and dig up a spray of rock fragments. This attack is unavoidable, and will only stop when he leaves the corner - alive or dead.
- Among the objects sliced up during the Cutter Golem's intro is Toad Man, referencing the final boss of Skullman in: Scooby Doc 4 - The Destroyer (Featuring Atsushi Onita), where Toad Man is sliced in half by the titular Scooby Doc.
- In a rather tragic case of irony, the Cutter Golem's anti-blind spot attack can be used to defeat it in record time. Should Zero possess the Psycho Chip when battling the Cutter Golem, he can get behind it to trigger its rock fragment attack, and then proceed to spam the Psycho Saber to reflect all of the fragments back for 3 damage each.