|Artwork by MegaVile|
Joe Man is a Robot Master in Make a Good Mega Man Level 2, based on the Sniper Joe series of robots. He appears as the endboss of his namesake stage, where he guards the teleporter to the Energy Element, while an optional upgraded form of him called Joe Man R guards a Noble Nickel. Defeating this form will also unlock Joe Man as a costume in the Costume Shop.
He reappears in the Wily stage Reality Core, fused with Bond Man to create Chimerabot 1. He also reappears in the Tier X stage Metallic Ocean, where he can be found on a hidden path. Here, he fills his health up to ten healthbars, before promptly self-destructing without a fight.
Joe Man and Joe Man R follow the same base pattern, but Joe Man R has some changes to it based on his current health:
- At the start of the battle, they will shoot five projectiles and jump halfway across the screen twice.
- They will toss two grenades and either jump at the player or jump at the player twice.
- Repeat process approximately once or twice.
- Jump to the other side of the screen, laying two landmines along the way.
Once Joe Man R's first health bar is emptied, any landmines that may be active will explode, and he will enter an injured state and be briefly invincible. After a short pause, he will jump to the other side of the screen (In the direction is currently facing), and run across the screen frantically laying mines that explode in his wake, until he reaches the center of the screen, at which point he jumps into the air and lands on the other side of the screen. He will do this three times, jump to the side of the screen, and return to his base AI.
Once his second health bar is emptied, he will repeat the running landmine attack from before, but instead of returning to his original AI, he begins using this new pattern:
- Shoot five projectiles.
- Jump halfway across the screen twice.
- Fire a volley of five arcing grenade projectiles upward, aimed towards the player's current location.
- Repeat the above steps twice.
- Repeat the running landmine attack described above.
When he is below 5 HP, Joe Man R degenerates into a simple loop of shooting five projectiles, jumping halfway across the screen twice, and the running landmine attack.
|Other Notes||*Wheel Cutter triggers the mines Joe Man and Joe Man R lay down.|
- Joe Man and Joe Man R's weakness to Slash Claw is a nod to the fact the Slash Claw tears through shields and tends to easily kill Joe enemies.
- Joe Man R is one of the few entry bosses that does not appear in the Mega Arena, due to his high damage output and multiple healthbars. Joe Man's joke appearance in Metallic Ocean is a nod to Joe Man R's infamous difficulty.
- Joe Man is one of only two entry bosses in Make a Good Mega Man Level 2 to have an unlockable costume, the other one being Alter Man.
|Make a Good Mega Man Level 2 - Entry Bosses|
|Original Robot Masters|
|Alter Man • Boil Man • Bond Man • Chomp Man • Combust Man • Cyber Man • Force Man • Haunt Man • Joe Man • Launch Man & Shuttle Man • Match Man • Neapolitan Man • Neon Man • Quarantine Woman • Sheriff Man • Spiked-Wall Man • Taco Man • Truffle Man|
|Edited Robot Masters|
|Boundin' Crash Man • Color Man • Final Toad • Gangly Crash Man • Groovity Man • Guts Man Duo • Komuso Man? • Napalm Man • Pharaoh Man's Revenge • Romhack Top Man|
|8 Centipeder Tower • Alien • Boss Whopper • Bowser • Captain Viridian • CATS • Cirno • Crator • Cream • Crusher Joe • Cursor • Doc Robot • Donut X • Kelbesque • Kichona • The Kid|
|Other Bosses and Mid-bosses|
|Air Capsule • Air Devil • Avoidance Cherry • Big Fire Telly • Dennis • Disco Ball • Giant Metall • Green Hot Dog • Hall Master • Joe Man R • Joe Mob • Mixerlydia • Mush King • Red Hot Dog • Super Cannopeller • Turbo Roost • Warp Anomaly|
|Make a Good Mega Man Level 2 - Tier 6|
|Wily Coaster • Changeable Caverns • Joe Man (stage) • Crystal Lab • Nitrogen Man • Duwang • Lava Factory • Just an Ice Level|
|List of Bosses|
|Joe Man • Joe Man R • Chill Man • Crash Man|