Black Hole Bomb
|Mega Man with the Black Hole Bomb equipped.|
- "The Black Hole Bomb can suck up bullets! Even Quick Lasers are no match for it."
- ―Galaxy Man, in the Cool Robots Room
The Black Hole Bomb (ブラックホールボム Burakku Hōru Bomu) is Galaxy Man's Special Weapon from Mega Man 9. It is a dark purple orb that can be aimed up and down, and detonated with the fire button to create a miniature black hole that deals heavy damage to anything that makes contact with it, damaging targets again if they exit and reenter the black hole and sucking in targets if they are defeated by it.
Make a Good Mega Man Level
The Black Hole Bomb was voted to appear in Make a Good Mega Man Level by the Talkhaus community, tying with 9 other weapons in vote count (3 votes); the tie was broken by putting the weapons in a random number generator and picking the first five weapons on the generated list (the other four weapons chosen this way were Metal Blade, Gemini Laser, Solar Blaze, and Magic Card). It functions slightly differently from Mega Man 9; any enemy that makes contact with the black hole (or even the unexploded projectile) will now rapidly take damage, instead of only taking damage once for each time they enter the black hole's radius.
Make a Good Mega Man Level Remastered
In Make a Good Mega Man Level Remastered, the Black Hole Bomb acts like its Megamix Engine iteration (see below). Notably, the glitch that allowed the weapon to block Quick Lasers is absent, resulting in The Quickening now needing to be done legitimately (at least, without using the Skip Teleporter).
- For Bright Man, damage is listed for his first phase, then his second.
- When playing with the Black Hole Bomb Only cheat, all bosses immune to the Black Hole Bomb take 1 damage from it.
The Black Hole Bomb is included in the Megamix Engine alongside nearly every other MaGMML weapon up to Make a Good Mega Man Level 3 and Make a Good 48 Hour Mega Man Level. It functions closer to its original Mega Man 9 iteration, as the weapon deals no damage to enemies until the black hole is activated. It does 3 points of damage to enemies on contact, and has no special damage values.
- In earlier versions of the Megamix Engine, the Black Hole Bomb's effect lasted for significantly longer, and it disappeared with a large, damaging explosion as opposed to just vanishing (atypical of both its Mega Man 9 and Make a Good Mega Man Level iterations).