The Flame Chip is one of five elemental chips in Make a Good Mega Man Level: Episode Zero. After being stolen from Dr. Hyde by SRARA, it is obtained by defeating Sparky at the end of Horizon Zero. When equipped, Zero is able to move slightly faster, though the effect isn't as noticeable as it is with the Zap Chip. It has a moderate energy consumption slightly less than that of the Cutter Chip, using one bar roughly every two seconds, and like all chips is refilled after dying or reaching a checkpoint. Switching to another chip will stop the chip's energy from draining further.
When equipped, it imbues Zero's weapons with a fire element, with each attack having some sort of range increase:
- The Z-Buster creates a small fire trail behind it as it flies along its path. This trail can damage enemies, and will always do half the damage of the primary shot.
- The Z-Saber's slash increases in size, allowing Zero to hit targets out of the range of the normal Z-Saber's slash.
- The Z-Burst is slightly faster and covers a wider area, as well as creating a trail of fireballs behind it. Like the Z-Buster, this trail does half the damage of the primary Z-Burst shot.
- The Blank Drive fires a large fire core into the air, which then splits into several fireballs that cover a wide area (akin to a souped up Blazing Torch). If the fire core hits an enemy, it won't create fireballs.
Against enemies, weapons equipped with the Flame Chip have the following damage values:
- Big Eye: 2 (Z-Burst)
- Bulky: 2 (Z-Buster), 3, (Z-Burst), 4 (Z-Saber, Blank Drive)
- Nature: 2 (Z-Buster), 3 (Z-Saber, Z-Burst, Blank Drive)
- Rocky: 2 (all weapons)
- Semi Bulky: 2 (Z-Buster), 3 (Z-Saber, Z-Burst, Blank Drive)
- Fire: 0.5 (Z-Buster), 1 (Z-Saber, Z-Burst, Blank Drive)
- Like with the other four Chapter 2 chips, it's possible for a player to complete Horizon Zero without picking up the Flame Chip that drops from Sparky. However, they will still receive the Flame Chip, removing the need to replay the level all over again.