|Official artwork by Capcom|
- "THIS is what Gamma SHOULD HAVE BEEN!"
- ―Draco Sodozir, [HatredElemental's Make a Good Mega Man Level 2 Let's Play]
Gamma is the final boss of Mega Man 3, built by both Dr. Light and Dr. Wily to be an enormous peacekeeping robot. During the events of Mega Man 3, after Mega Man collects the Energy Elements meant for Gamma and defeats the Doc Robots, Wily steals the towering robot, intending to use it as a weapon for world domination, forcing Mega Man to destroy it.
Make a Good Mega Man Level 2
Gamma appears as the end boss of the Arena. Instead of being piloted by Wily, Gamma appears to act on its own through an exposed computer core on its forehead, which continues to serve as the main weak point. Unlike the original fight from Mega Man 3, Gamma is capable of limited movement, causing the floor to shake with each step. Additionally, the weak point is vulnerable to a larger number of weapons instead of a few select ones, including the Mega Buster. In order to reach this weak point, Mega Man must continually jump from two Drop Platforms on either side of the room.
Gamma has three attacks that are chosen at random:
- Gamma shoots several arcing bullets out at Mega Man in a row.
- Gamma shoots several laser bullets from both of its horns in a fanning pattern, similar to a Dachone.
- Gamma prepares to raise a fist from below, which tracks Mega Man's movements momentary before stopping to punch upwards.
- Gamma was originally created by Beed28 for use in The Pit of Pits, and was made entirely with arbitrary code execution (per submission rules for the Pit). However, the fight was very prone to lag, and subsequently repurposed as an endboss for the Arena.